Monogram Art

Sunday, August 21, 2011




 
So, I got a little crafty today! I saw this idea on Pinterest (which I am totally addicted to) and I decided to give it a try.

Materials:

8x10 stretched canvas

paint (any color)

sponge painter

material

stencil (I made my own)

scissors

staple gun or hot glue gun

First I cut the material (I used burlap, but any material would work) to fit the canvas.

Then I stretched the burlap around the canvas. You can use a staple gun or hot glue to hold the material in place.

After that I centered the stencil on the canvas. To make the stencil I picked a font out and printed the letter as large as I could. Then I cut the letter out of the center.

Once the stencil is centered you can begin painting!

Lightly dab the paint onto the material. It is important to go slowly. This will prevent the stencil from moving around on you. I did the edges first and then filled the rest in.

After you have filled in the entire letter you can remove the stencil and see your work of art!

I had a lot of fun making this and I am sure I will make several more. Hope you enjoy it! {b}

You Might Also Like

0 comments