Front Porch Transformation (Part 1)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

We are currently in the process of redoing our front porch. It is our goal to turn it into more of an interior space. When Dane bought the house it was clear that the porch was going to take the most work (and probably be the most fun) to update. With the help of Dane's dad (really this wouldn't have been done without him) we have already made some progress! There were four storm windows, and a window looking into the master bedroom. The guys replaced the storm windows with two new windows and they closed off the window into the master bedroom. 


They also had to level the floors. (The porch was once an exterior space...the floors were sloped for water runoff.)

We are now in the process of hanging drywall. However, I am really excited about the next steps...decorating! I don't know exactly what I am doing, but I am still excited about it! I can't wait to pick out paint colors and flooring.


As you can see it is currently storage for items that don't fit in the spare room. The sign in the top left image was made by my Uncle Mark for our wedding. It will probably be put outside when we get flowers planted.

I did try to add some decoration to the space with a cute rosette wreath.


It doesn't look like much now, but I am envisioning great things for this space.

You Might Also Like

0 comments