Sweet Summers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


I have spent countless summers at the lake. Last weekend I was sitting on the dock thinking about all of the past years (and taking this picture...which I am in love with). It almost feels like I grew up there. When I was little it was the place that my cousins and I would go on adventures and search for sea shells. In high school it was the place my friends and I would go on late summer nights to hang out and listen to music. In college it was the place where Dane asked me to marry him. Now it is a place I go to spend quality time with my family and relax in the sun. There are several reasons that I love it so there so much.

• It is a good place to get close to nature. 

• It is the perfect place to read my Bible and pray. 

• AND...It is the place of some of my fondest memories. (The proposal is my favorite!)

I am excited to see what future summers at the lake will hold! Until then, I will just sit back, relax, and enjoy this marvelous place with my wonderful family. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments