A Little Organization

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our home doesn't offer up a lot of space for storage, and sometimes it can be tough to find a spot for everything. So...I have to make sure that I am utilizing each space efficiently. (more storage space = more space for me to put the stuff that is filling the guest room) We have a couple of drawers under our entertainment center that were filled with movies (I couldn't put one more DVD in them if I tried), but I really wanted to be able to store some of our other belongings in that space. It didn't take me very long to find a solution thanks to IHeart Organizing! 

I really liked the containers that Jen used, but I wanted to keep this project as cheap as possible (I only spent $10 total).

The first step was labeling the sleeves that the DVDs were going to go in. I used numbered stickers that I found in the scrapbooking section at Wal-Mart. After I numbered all of the sleeves I placed them in a clear container that fit perfectly in my drawer (the container was from Wal-Mart too).


As I placed the DVDs in the sleeves I made a list of all the movies as a reference. The list is folded and tucked in the back of the container for easy access. 


Drum roll...


I was able to fit everything that filled both drawers into one drawer...with some room to spare! 

Notice: I left a few items (seasons of my favorite shows, workout DVDs, and Just Dance) in their original boxes. I didn't want to mix them with our other DVDs. 

And...don't worry, I plan on recycling all of the DVD cases! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments