DIY Fall Wreath

Monday, August 25, 2014

Fall is right around the corner, and this girl is pretty stinkin’ excited about it! Pumpkins, the changing leaves, and an assortment of cozy scarves…what’s not to love?

I recently found this tutorial on Shanty-2-Chic, and fell in love! Of course, I had to make one for myself. It was honestly the one of the easiest DIY’s I have done. I already had a spare wreath lying around, so all I had to do was find some artificial fall berries. Dane and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby, where I found these for $1.49 each…PLUS, they were on sale for 40% off! Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself!

Originally, I was planning on cutting the short stems off and pushing them into the wreath. However, I thought it would require some hot glue, and I really didn’t know how that would end up looking. So, I tried inserting the long stem of the berries into the wreath, and that worked very well. The long stem held the berries securely to the wreath. I used nine bundles of the berries, and placed them evenly around the wreath.


I could not be happier with the way that it turned out. I cannot wait until fall is officially here so I can start decorating. This beauty is going to look great with pumpkins and purple mums! You think it is too early to start decorating now?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very NICE. I can see spray painting the berries for a different look for a Christmas decor.
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete