On my Bookshelf

Sunday, September 18, 2016



It is no secret that since having Rowan, I have been reading more children's books than anything else! I love the pretty illustrations and snuggling up with my boy to read about how The Little Blue Truck is going to save the day (yeah, we are back on that kick since our dear friend picked this up for us)! But I have added a few books to my "grown-up" book collection that I thought I would share with you guys! 

Wild and Free: I found out about this book on Instagram & decided that I needed it! It is great! If you are looking for some reassurance and clear idea of what it means to rest freely in the work that Jesus did for you, this book is a must! It was so great for my soul. In fact, I finished it about a month ago, and I will be reading it again soon.

The Whole-Brain Child: I haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but it was highly recommended. The book discusses topics of discipline, child development, and parenting. Plus, it includes some helpful graphics. Have any of you read this? I would love to hear your thoughts! 

The Nesting Place: I have read The Nesting Place blog for a long time, and I was so excited to receive this book for Christmas. It is filled with some great ideas on making your house feel like home & and loving it even when it isn't perfect.

Loving My Actual Life: I effortlessly zipped through this one! I couldn't seem to put it down. The pages are filled with helpful tips and insight on living a more intentional life. The author Alex, goes over her 9 month experiment where she focuses on something she wants to improve or fine tune. It made me really think about specific parts of my life that I would like to focus more on.

You are a Badass: I will be honest, I wasn't sure about this book when it was recommended to me. BUT I LOVED IT! It is easily one of my favorite books. If you are looking for some inspiration to go for your dreams, you need to read this book. It is encouraging and informative and SO FUNNY!

Uninvitied: I actually just started this one, but I can already tell that I will recommend it to so many of my friends. I have been digging in deep and taking notes and feeling all the feels. I will give you a full report when I finish it. (I am only 40 pages deep!)

That is all I have for now...short list, I know! There is a long list of books that I would like to read in the future, but I am still finding it hard to squeeze reading into my schedule. Have you read any great books lately? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments