Moving Tips

Tuesday, September 28, 2021


It is official! We have moved! I still can't really believe it...considering we had not planned on moving when this year started. I am no expert when it comes to moving, but I did learn a few tips and tricks along the way. So, here is my best advice...just after one last peek at the old house! 




1. Get utilities in order as soon as possible! There are things that we wanted to make sure we had right away...hello internet, I am looking at you.  We finally got it all hooked up. 

2. Keep clothes on the hanger. We had an enclosed trailer and our friends put a clothes line down the middle for hanging clothes! I am slid a garbage bag around them, tied it up and easily transfered all everything from old closets to new closets. 

3. Skip groceries for a while. We pieced together the food that we already had to cut back on what needs to be moved. Other than a quick trip to the store for milk and other must haves, we did not buy a lot of groceries.

4. Label boxes by room. Dane is sure that he could have the whole house packed and ready to go in one day...I am sure that he could too, but the idea of unpacking that mess gave me nightmares. The more organized you are while packing the easier unpacking will be. 

5. Make a list of all the places you need to provide a new address. If you have any subscriptions make sure to update your address in time, and let the post office know so they can forward mail if they need to.

6. Pack a suitcase with things that you will need right away. I knew that we were going to need items for soccer, a  pool party, and church the first couple days that we were in the new house, so I packed a suitcase with the those things & I didn't have to dig through boxes to find what we needed. 

7. Give yourself grace...my number one tip for any situation! Do I wish that I had organized boxes a little better? Sure. But not all of our items are going to be utilized in the same way, and our storage was completely different in the previous house. It was as organized as it could have been, and everything will fund a spot in the new house. 

Hope this helps! Don't ask me for unpacking tips...I am still far from done! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments