Happy Fall

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hooray for the first day of fall! I always look forward to the arrival of cooler weather, pumpkin spice, and crunchy leaves! It really is my favorite time of year. I also love harvest, scarves, and oh yeah...my birthday (which just so happens to be TODAY!) Yeah, I share a birthday with fall, it is pretty awesome!

Fall holds some of my fondest memories...bonfires, trips to the pumpkin patch, our wedding, and so many more. This is Rowan's first fall, and I am determined to make it special! He took his first ride in the combine earlier this week, and he loved it!

Harvest always keeps us busy. We make a lot of trips to the farm, and the guys spend a lot of time in the field. When I was younger, I remember loading up food with my mom or grandma and having supper picnic-style in whatever field the guys were working in. I hope that we can do that sometime this year! 



One of our favorite orchards is down the road, and I really want to go apple picking. Rowan loves apples, and I think some homemade apple sauce is on my must make list for fall! I found this recipe for crock-pot apple sauce, and I have been wanting to try it! I also want to go to the local pumpkin patch, and we have already planned a trip to the zoo!

I am sure this is going to be a fall that we remember forever, and I can't wait! Let's get this season started!

You Might Also Like

0 comments