Craft Magnet

Saturday, March 10, 2012

What a beautiful Saturday! The blinds are open, the sun is peering through the window, and my adorable nephew has been keeping me company all morning. He has been enjoying my chalk board refrigerator (I will be posting more about that later). While he was covering it with brightly colored chalk I decided that it would be fun to decorate it too...with something other than chalk! 

I recently found this simple DIY on The Pretty Blog, and I thought it would be perfect for my refrigerator. 


This is such an easy project, and it doesn't require very many supplies. 

•clothespins 

•magnet strips

•double sided tape

•card stock

•paint (optional)

Elephant Shoe had actually painted the clothes pins with black paint, but I decided that the clothespins looked better against the black fridge. If you decide to paint your clothespins you will need to do that first. Once the paint is dry you can attach the magnet strips on the back of the clothespins. (You may need to trim them up some, but I would make sure they cover the entire back of the clothespin.) After you put the magnets on you can print and cut out the tags that are provided on The Pretty Blog, or you can make your own if you are really feeling creative! I attached the tags with double sided tape. (That seems to hold them on there very well.) Then I decorated my fridge with Hank!
 

I really love the Recipes tag. I like the idea of having them next to my shopping list and weekly menu. I also like the Please Remember to tag. It is perfect for RSVP's and quick reminders. 

I hope you guys like this project as much as I did! Happy Saturday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments