It's That Time Again!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Summer is officially underway, and you know what that means! It means that it is time for the Pinterest Challenge! You can read more about past challenges here and here. Every season a couple of my favorite blogs host something called the Pinterest Challenge as a way to motivate people to actually make what they are pinning. I think that it is a such a great idea, and I look forward to it every season! However, last season my project never actually got finished. Don't worry, I am not going to try to sew this time. Actually, I already have an idea of what I would like to do! 

I have been looking for something decorative for our bedroom. I want something that will be beautiful and unique...and DIY of course. Lately, I have been in love with mercury glass. There are several vases at West Elm and a lamp at Anthropologie that I have pretty much been drooling over! However, a $298 lamp is not something that I can justify buying...even if it is gorgeous! Pinterest to the rescue! 

A few days ago I found a tutorial for DIY mercury glass! Just imagine my excitement! In the tutorial they made mercury glass votives, and I think they ended up looking great! Check out the pictures below! 


I have imagined something larger for our bedroom. I am going to try to replicate this with some larger vases that I already have. I will tell you all about it next Tuesday! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments