Garden DIY

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I have really been planting up a storm this year! You may remember the succulents that I planted earlier this spring (one of them did end up dying...BUT I refuse to believe that was my fault). I have planted four more, and they are now on the sunny front porch. I really think they like it out there better. 

Dane and I have also decided to try to plant some veggies again. We did this last year, but it didn't turn out very well. This time we took a different approach. Instead of buying seeds and waiting for them to grow, we just purchased plants...now we just have to keep them alive! Wish us luck...so far gardening hasn't really been our thing. Anyway, I have really enjoyed taking care of our little plants, and I decided to make some little DIY labels for them. 


This project cost me $0! I love it when I have all of the supplies on hand. 

Supplies: 

Small Dowel Rods


Paint Stirrers 

Chalkboard Paint (or black paint)

White Paint

Detail Brush

Hot Glue Gun

This project was actually pretty simple. I just cut the stirrers to the size that I wanted and painted them with chalkboard paint. While those were drying I used a hot glue gun to attach the clothes pins to the dowel. Make sure you line the top of the clothes pin up with the top of the dowel to add support. 


I had originally used chalk to label the boards, but it was kind of difficult to write on such a small space. So...I erased all of the chalk and used some white paint instead. It looked much cleaner and I won't have to rewrite them every time it rains. 


Once all of the paint was dry I just clipped the board to the dowel! Super simple, right! I also decided it would be a good idea to clip the original label behind it...just in case I need to reference it! 


What do you think? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments