Planked Wall + A Peek at the Nursery

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Well, Rowan is 6 months old and the nursery is still not quite "reveal" ready, but there is one thing that is done...and I LOVE it! It was kind of a last minute decision, but it was such a great one! After doing some repair to one of the walls, we decided to plank it! 


Originally, we were going to patch up the spot and texture it like the rest of the walls in the room. Then, I got hooked on Fixer Upper, and fell in love with the look of shiplap. We went to Lowe's and picked out some thin, smooth plywood and had them cut it into strips. The Lowe's in our area didn't charge anything to cut the plywood, but some may. 


Once we were home, we began nailing the boards into place starting at the top and leaving a small gap in between each one. We used a penny to make sure the gaps were all the same size. Once the boards were all in place, we painted the wall. This is where I would make a change to our plan! We really should have painted the wood and the wall before we nailed all of the boards in place. It still worked the way we did it, but it probably wouldn't have been as difficult to paint. (Thanks to my mom, Aunt Selena, Ceara, Dane, and Patty for painting it while my very pregnant self took a nap!) 



I love the way that it looks...in fact, it may be my favorite wall in the whole house! I can't wait to share the rest of the nursery with you. Hopefully, we will get it done soon!

Want some more DIY inspiration? Click on over to I Heart Naptime for their Link Party Palooza

You Might Also Like

0 comments