More Progress

Monday, July 10, 2017

The house progress has actually surprised me. I know my poor husband is still stressed out about deadlines and this baby (which is due to arrive in 9 weeks!) Our original plan was to have the addition done before the addition arrived, and I think that Dane would still like to see that happen. I have pretty much decided that I need to relax and let the pieces come together when they do. 

I will be honest, I am a little nervous that I have done almost NOTHING to prepare for the babe's arrival, but I am not going to let it stress me out. I figure that he will be in our room (whichever room that may be) for a few months anyway. So, why worry about a nursery at the moment. 


Okay, here is a rundown of the progress that has taken place. The basement is poured, has stairs, and there are interior walls framed up! I took a peek down there the other day, and it was fun to visualize how we are going to get to use that space. Birthday parties, friend gatherings, so many options...I am excited! The main level which consists of a master suite, laundry/mudroom, and kitchen expansion, is all framed. AND the upper level (office + playroom) is almost all framed up! We still need stairs to the upper level, but they will be done soon! 

I am not stressing about when this project gets done, but the idea of actually living in the space makes my heart so happy! I cannot wait. Dane and Rowan slept in the other morning and I decided to spend some quiet time in the addition. I wrote some of my favorite verses around the space and prayed that these walls would be witness to many blessings. I cannot wait to have the opportunity and space to open up our home for friends and family to gather...and when that day comes, I hope that we are able to share God's love with all who enter. 

Are you on Instagram? Check out #fletchersgrowinghome for more updates about our home renovation!

You Might Also Like

0 comments