Monday, December 14, 2020

I have a lot of "favorite Christmas traditions"...sending cards, making cookies, decorating the tree, wrapping presents. I really think that it is all of the fun combined that makes the season so festive and magical, but I REALLY do love wrapping gifts! Here are some of my favorite holiday wrapping tips. 



Wrapping Paper: I usually pick a couple different wrapping paper designs each year. I love neutrals, and almost always include brown paper every single year. Then I add in some buffalo plaid or something with pretty writing. I loved the FALALA wrapping paper from Target this year.

Name Tags: I grabbed a good selection of brown and black name tags from the Target dollar spot this year! I use black, white, and gold paint markers to write on the name tags. Again...they are pretty simple. I also use this label maker to put names on gifts. It is so easy, and I love the way that it looks. 

Finishings: I love some chunky yarn, sparkling tinsel, bakers twine, and fabric to add some dimension to my packages. They are really affordable options, and they look great layered together. I also love a beautiful velvet ribbon! In addition to being all tied up with string, I love tucking some evergreen beneath the bows or adding a jingle bell. 

Boxes: NUMBER ONE TIP...everything goes in a box! If the package isn't square on all edges, I cannot wrap it! I have no problem putting oddly shaped gifts in a box before wrapping it up, and I like how it looks under the tree. 




If you are anything like me, you might not be completely done shopping. I have been popping into some of my favorite local shops to grab some last minute gifts...and hitting up Amazon, of course. 

I know we are running out of time...but I thought I would share a couple quick gift ideas, if you are still looking to finish your shopping. 

I grabbed the kids these snowball makers. We are hoping to get some snow at some point this winter, and I know that they will put these to good use. Anytime there has been the slightest flurry, they have begged to have a snowball fight.

I love a good travel mug, and this is one of my favorites! If you are local, you can pick this up at Blackboard Mercantile! Be sure to stop in there and grab a gift or two. AND on the topic of coffee, this milk frother would be perfect for the coffee lover on your list. 

I got the kids this AirFort, and I cannot wait for them to open it! They build forts all day long...I know they are going to freak out over this. AND I just saw that they have one that looks like a barn! SO CUTE!

Cookbooks are always a great gift idea. I got this one for Dane a couple years ago, and he loved it!

Okay, that is all I've got for you...I am guessing that everyone else is done with their shopping anyway. Falalalala! I hope you are having the most magical Christmas season.

You Might Also Like

0 comments