5 Essential Oil DIY Recipes

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Hello, my name is Brittney, an occasional blogger. It has been a minute, but I am back...and I have some fun recipes to share with you! I have always been a fan of DIY and I have made some oily goodies lately that I just can't keep to myself.



LIP SCRUB
My lips needed a little TLC this winter. Ya feel me? I whipped up this lip scrub for myself and a few friends & it was a hit! It smells soooo good, and really helps exfoliate and soften lips. 
1 TBSP Organic Coconut Oil
1 TBSP Sugar
5 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
5 drops of Spearmint Essential Oil
Rub on your lips, and wipe clean with a wet rag. 

LASH SERUM
My eyelashes have never been all that impressive, but I started using this lash serum consistently and noticed a big difference in the length of my lashes! 
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
I got these mascara tubes from Amazon and added the lavender to the tube, and top it off with castor oil. I apply it to clean lashes before bed. I love this stuff!

BATH SOAK
I have shared bath soak here before...it is such a staple in our house!
1 cup of Epsom Salt
1/2 cup of baking soda
20 drops of Peace & Calming
Store in a glass container and add a big scoop to warm bath water when needed. We love Peace and Calming, but you can use any number of oils. Lavender is another great choice.

LAUNDRY SPRAY
We kicked dryer sheets a loooooong time ago & we have been using wool dryer balls ever since. I like to make up a laundry spray to spritz all over the dryer balls before tossing them in the dryer. I add 20 drops of Wintergreen essential oil to a 2 oz spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way with water. Give it a shake before spraying it on the dryer balls, and make your clothes smell soooo fresh! 

COZY HOME DIFFUSER BOMB
When you find a diffuser blend that you love,  a diffuser bomb is the way to go! Premixing all of the oils into a single bottle makes filling the diffuser a breeze. Here is my new favorite combo. 
30 drops Vanilla
30 drops Grapefruit
15 drops Geranium 
Add all of the oils to an empty 15 ml bottle & shake! When you are ready to make your house smell yummy, just toss a few drops in your diffuser! 

Enjoy these fun little DIYs! If you don't have your oils yet, you can learn more here! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments