Garden Decor (on a dime!)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I have been so excited to get my garden started! Well, I took the first steps! (Note: these steps did not include flowers, seeds, or soil.) I picked out the planters. Okay...this step doesn't exactly require a green thumb, and it doesn't really count as gardening, but I am excited about it anyway! I found some cheap ($1.25 each) terra cotta pots from Wal-Mart and decided to do some DIY. Wal-Mart had a nice selection of decorative pots, but they were much pricier and I liked the idea of doing my own. 

Supplies: 

Terra Cotta Planters

Acrylic Paint

Paint Brush

Painters Tape


The first thing that I did was tape off the top ring of the pots. I really wanted to leave that part the original color like this. Then, I painted the bottom half of the planters. The colors that I used required two coats of paint. It may take more than that depending on the color and the paint that you choose. While the paint was still somewhat wet (it dried really quickly) I removed the tape. 


Here is the finished result. I absolutely love them...I actually went out and bought more! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments