Floored!

Monday, February 11, 2013

If you would have told me that the floor would be my favorite part of our little porch project, I wouldn't have believed you. Most people would have probably thought months about what they wanted, but for some reason that wasn't me. In fact, we didn't even know what were getting when we walked into Lowe's that night! 

I hadn't really looked online to see what they had before we went. I was thinking that tile would be best for the high traffic (even for wet shoes) space. However, I love the look of wood floors...I just didn't think it would be as durable. Then, I found it...tile that looks just like hard wood! It was love at first sight! We chose to go with the Antique Oak Luxury Vinyl Plank. It is rustic and beautiful, and it has a wonderful texture that resembles wood. 


Everyone is loving the front porch, but they especially love the floor! The color, and style is better than anything I could have imagined. I cannot wait to get the rest of the room put together. 


The flooring was very easy to install (well, Dane seemed to think that it was easy). It took a couple of hours to finish our 100 sq. ft. space. We will definitely be using the vinyl plank flooring from Lowe's for other home projects! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Exactly what brand did you use? How has it held up? Any issues with scuffs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used this brand. http://low.es/2nTRXEI It has held up great in our entryway, and we actually used it again in our bathroom.

      Delete