Weekend Recap

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I LOVE long weekends! My holiday weekend kicked off around noon on Saturday. We usually spend Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my family, and this year was no exception. However, IT WAS FREEZING...unlike usual! Everyone was bundled up and sitting as close to the fire as humanly possible. We had a blast (as always), but it was nice to come home to our nice warm bed! 

Sunday morning Dane and I went to church with some friends for their beautiful daughter's baptism. Dane was asked to be her sponsor, which he was thrilled to do! Little Macie did such a great job! 

Then it was back out to the lake for some more family fun, some much needed napping...and you know I didn't make two trips to the lake without enjoying a s'more! It was delicious and VERY messy! (So messy that I had marshmallow in my hair...but we don't judge at the lake!)


The weather was much nicer on Sunday...perfect for a bags tournament and grilling out. After some fun in the sun cloudy, great outdoors, Dane and I went to town for a movie date! (Basically we tried to pack as much fun into this weekend as possible!) Monday, I relaxed at home and did some DIY in the garden (blog post coming tomorrow), but it was last night that I was super excited about! Cookout with our great friends (and family), Josh and Val AND The Bachelorette season premiere! Val and I were pumped...probably way more than the guys! It was great, but we were there WAY to late (like usual). 

It was a wonderful weekend filled with fun, family, and remembrance of those who have fought for our freedom. I hope you all had a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments