A Stormy Night

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Monday night was not a night that I would like to live over. Dane and I were visiting my parents, and probably should have left long before we did. Anyway...as we were getting ready to leave (I seriously had my purse on my shoulder and was getting ready to walk out the door) the wind started to pick up. The tree outside the dining room was blowing so hard that I thought it was going to blow away. I had never seen anything like it. 

The wind suddenly got very loud, and my mom made us take shelter...about the same time the power went out. As we were piling in our hiding place we could hear cracking. For a moment I was sure that a tree was going to crash through the roof. As quickly as it started the wind seemed to slow down and get quiet. When we felt safe we decided to take a look outside. What we saw brought tears to my eyes. It was difficult to see anything in the dark, but when the lightning flashed we could tell that there were only about two trees left standing in the back yard. It was a scary image. However, I was SO grateful that trees were the only thing we lost, and I am incredibly thankful that my family and our neighbors were not harmed.


There were not one, not two, but SEVEN trees that came down in the storm. One of the trees completely crushed the wooden play gym that was in the backyard, but I am just thankful that it didn't fall on the house instead. There was some damage to neighboring homes and yards, but there were no injuries. 



My heart aches for those impacted by the tornados in Oklahoma. I cannot imagine experiencing something so devastating. Please remember to say a prayer for them tonight. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments