DIY Dish Towels

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I have had a very productive day off...cleaning, watching back to back episodes of New Girl, and doing some DIY!



 I have been wanting to make some ombre towels for a while now, and it seemed like the perfect day to do it! So, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some dish towels and fabric dye. Total cost...$5! Pretty awesome, I know.



 I just followed the dying instructions on the back of the package. I wrapped the towel around a stir stick and placed it over the dye. Every 2 minutes I flipped the stick over, letting a little more of the towel into the dye. This created the ombre look that I was going for.



Once I had achieved the look I wanted, I rinsed the towels. (Don't let the excess dye run onto the white section of the towel!) I ended up with two beautifully ombre dish towels...AND it only took me about 15 minutes!



I am pretty impressed, and I kind of want to dye something else! Hank, I have a fun project for us to do the next time you are at Aunt Britt's! ;)

-Britt

You Might Also Like

0 comments