Sweet Summer

Wednesday, July 08, 2020

If I am being totally honest, this summer has been nothing like I would have imagined. When I left my job to stay home back in December I imagined that we would be having endless fun our favorite water park, playing at the playground every evening after supper, and spending all sorts of time with our friends. Our summer has looked quite a bit different, but we are still enjoying it.


Our local pool offered private swim lessons, so I quickly got the boys signed up for that. We have been heading to the pool every morning for the last couple weeks. They are not going to know what to do when lessons are over. The first thing they do when they wake up is put on their swim trunks. 

1.  Homemade popsicles - The boys have been having fun making different homemade popsicles. We have found some great recipes on Pinterest, but our favorite has been lemonade pops. I think they enjoy making them just as much as eating them. 

2. Hiking Trails - When it isn't a million degrees out, we love to hit the local trails and burn off some energy. We get out, get moving, and ensure a successful nap time with the help of one fun activity. Find some local trials or bike paths and go on an adventure.

3. Forts - When it is REALLY hot, we stay in and have fun. I cannot tell you how many forts we have made this summer. We have this little fort building kit that the kids love, but I have also been thinking about getting this awesome Air Fort.

I am learning to embrace this easy going, slow paced season. Wishing you all a summer of simple fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments