Running

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Most of you know that I ran my first 5k in April. I started training in December, and I have been running ever since (not always as much as I would like.) Early this year Dane was training for a relay marathon, and it was easy to keep up with my running schedule with him running too. However, now he is not running regularly, and I am finding it hard to stick with it. I really want to increase my speed and distance, and I know that to do that I am going to have to work at it. I love running, and it is not something I want to stop doing. So, I had to come up with a plan!


Last summer I started training for a 5k, but for some reason I never finished the program. (I stopped in late September...maybe it was wedding planning.) Anyway, I really enjoyed the app that I was using, and I decided that I would give it a try again! Get Running is a couch to 5k app that I downloaded on my iPhone. The app sets up a schedule of 3 workouts per week, and it logs your progress. Plus, I love that the app works with my music! 

Last night was the first time I have used the app since September, and I loved it just as much! I have started from the beginning, but I can already tell that I have made a lot of progress! I am looking forward to my next workout! 

What workout apps do you use? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments