My First 5k

Saturday, April 28, 2012


So...I am sure all of my Facebook friends are tired of hearing this, but I ran my first 5k this weekend! I don't even think I can explain how nervous I was. I have been running for the past 4 months, and it has been kind of a slow process to get where I am now. My plan was to get plenty of rest the night before (who was I kidding?), but I found myself too anxious to fall asleep...AND when I did fall asleep I had dreams that I was running! Not the most relaxing dream. However, 5 am rolled around and I was able to get right up (it helped that Dane got up to go sit in the woods.) 

My goal was to run the whole thing without stopping to walk, and I did it! It feels so good to accomplish something that you set your mind to. I am sure that I will be running several more this summer...after all, I have to try to better my time! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments