Putting Recipes to Good Use

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I will admit it...I am not the best cook in the whole world, but I am trying to improve my skills. I have a a pretty large collection of recipes that I would like to try. The recipes that I have collected are not just any recipes. They are special to me...even if I am not skilled at cooking them. I decided that I wanted to get some good use out of the recipes while I am still learning to improve my cooking skills. 

A while back I saw this post on Young House Love, and I thought that the recipe art was a great idea. Articipe has a great selection to choose from, but I wanted to make my own custom recipe art (you know I am a fan of sentimental art). I picked one of my grandma's recipes (I had to use one that had a small number of ingredients) and designed some art for my kitchen. 


I am in love with this unique and custom art. Maybe it will inspire me to bake some Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies! I plan on making a lot more of these in different colors. 

P.S. You can find the tutorial for the painted mason jar here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments