List Time

Sunday, August 19, 2012


I think it is about time that I make some lists of things I need to get done around the house. There is so much that I would like to do, but I never really know where to start. So...I am going to start here! 

Front Porch

• Get new door

• Change windows.

• Remove window into bedroom

• Finish hanging drywall

• Pick out a color for the wall. I am thinking about a turquoise color (not sure if Dane will go for it)

• Paint the interior

• Paint the front door

• Design the room (I still have to figure out what I am doing...you can read more about that here.)

Living Room 

• Paint

• Find a new TV stand

• Get new carpet

• Organize DVD storage (You can read about that here.)

• Add art to the walls

• Print wedding picture on canvas

• Get new window treatments

• Get new furniture (This doesn't need to happen any time soon.)

• Install new ceiling fan

• Paint entry table

• Make some pillows for the couch

Master Bedroom

• Paint

• Get new carpet

• Style our nightstand (Blog for this is coming soon!)

• Organize our closet

• Fix closet doors 

• Add art to the room

• Make mirror for the room

• Get new lighting fixture

• Get window treatments

Label mattress for easy rotation

Guest bedroom / Office

• Paint

• Get new carpet

• Organize...yes, I am still working on this! 

• Find desk

• Find bed or futon

• Find curtains for the windows and the office space

• Install sliding door

Kitchen

• Paint walls

• Paint cabinets

• Makeover the refrigerator (Read more about that here.)

• Add some kitchen decor (I have done a couple things here and here...but I still have more to do.)

• Get a new kitchen table

• Add hardware to cabinets (It has been purchased...that's a step in the right direction.)

• Get new light fixture

Bathroom / Laundry

• Paint

• Tile the floors

• Tile the shower

• Change the shower curtain (I am not in a hurry...Dane can keep enjoying his camouflage) 

• Decorate (You can read about that here, here, and here.)

• Get new lighting fixtures

• Install cabinets above the washer/dryer

• Update the mirror

• Build a platform for the washer/dryer

Patio / Yard

• Update the house numbers (Read about that here.)

• Get rid of a soda machine (That one is going to take a lot of convincing.)

• Finish the grill (I will blog about that when it is done.)

• Paint the stairs

• Extend the patio

• Find an outdoor rug

• Find outdoor furniture

• Work on a flowerbed for the front of the house (This may have to wait until next spring.)

That is it! I am sure that things will be added to this list frequently...that is how lists work, right? I will be sure to fill you in on all of my little projects! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments