My Dad

Saturday, June 15, 2013

With it being Father's Day weekend, I thought it would be fun to share another story from my creative writing class. You can see the other story I shared here. We were asked to write a description of someone we know, and I decided to write about my dad. 


My dad is strong and can be intimidating at first glance. He is very tall and broadly built. He is a farmer, so he spends many hours each day working in the fields or on equipment. Traces of his hard work appear on his strong hands. There are scars and scrapes from the demanding manual activities that he does each day. I don’t think he is afraid of anything. My dad is kind and generous. He would risk his life to save anyone. He has taken special care of calves that have been born shivering in the cold snow, and he as nursed to health kittens and goldfish because he knew we would be devastated if anything happened to them. He is always looking out for his children. He wants to give us a great life and to keep us close. He is dad, the man who stayed up late with us when we were sick, the man who walked me down the aisle, and the man that will someday be the grandfather to my children. 

My dad may just be the best ever...just sayin'. Anyway, Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers and father figures out there! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments