Being Mommy

Sunday, February 01, 2015


It has been over a month since I have written a post, and a lot has happened in that time. Christmas happened. New Years happened. Oh, and I HAD A BABY! Rowan was born on December 27, 2014 at 9:10 am.





I could not have asked for a more perfect baby, and being a mommy is one of the greatest things ever. Sometimes I find myself staring at him in awe that he is really mine, that God chose me to be his mommy. What makes me worthy of such a precious gift? I don't really know, but I will be forever thankful for the little man curled up on my lap.







I received a lot great baby advice. What diapers are the best, how to teach the baby to sleep through the night...the list goes on and on. However, there is one thing that no one prepared me for. Everyone tells you that the love for your baby is unimaginable, and that is SO true!!! BUT...no one said that the love that I had for my husband would grow so much! To say that I have been overwhelmed by love in the past 5 weeks would be an understatement. I didn't know that I could love Dane anymore, but seeing him with Rowan is my absolute favorite! These boys are my world!







Don't get me wrong...I change A LOT of dirty diapers and often wonder if I will ever get a full night's sleep again. This is my life now. It may be a bit of a mess at times, but it is a beautiful mess! I honestly wouldn't change one thing about it!
All of these amazing pictures were taken by the very talented Paige Hampton! Visit her Facebook page to see more of her awesome work!

You Might Also Like

0 comments