Grandma's Little Quilters

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Quilts, quilts, and more quilts! For the past several months my grandma has been teaching some of the girls how to quilt. Grandma has helped me with a couple other blankets (you can check them out here and here). Now it is a quilting party, and it is oh so fun! There are usually 4 or 5 sewing machines going at once, scraps are flying all over the place, and quilt pieces are laid out on every flat surface available. Grandpa will tell you that it noisy...but that is probably due to the chit chat and laughter. 



So, what have I been working on? I purchased an ombre jelly roll from Moda a long time ago, and I have been slowly (I mean REALLY slowly) sewing together a paint chip quilt. 



Don't those strips look like paint chips?! I love the colors, and the overall look of this quilt! There aren't really quilt blocks, but I plan doing some sort of block next time. 

Hopefully, we can continue to get together and sew multiple quilts. Grandma has so much to teach us, and I can't wait to learn and see what everyone else comes up with.

Oh, and...

this boy usually crashes...and does way more pooping than quilting! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments