Time for Another ListThursday, March 14, 2013
Okay, I feel like I have made a big dent in my list, but I have also added a lot to it! That is what lists are for, right? Keep in mind that this is not a short term list...this a list that will continue to grow and probably never be completed. I have come to except this as truth. The house will never be perfect and we will have to make changes based on needs...and boredom. Anyway, here is the new and improved list! If you want to check out the last one, you can find it here.
• Paint the front door. I haven't decided if I am going to do this.
• Design the room...Dane and I are have been talking about what to put in this space. I think we are going to build...YES, BUILD...a hutch for under one of the windows! I also have to figure out some sort of bench/storage solution, window treatments, and decor.
• Add art to the walls...I have added some, but I am not finished!
• Print wedding picture on canvas
• Get new window treatments
• Get new furniture...this doesn't need to happen any time soon.
• Paint entry table. This may or may not happen...I haven't decided.
• Organize our closet...I feel like I do this weekly.
• Fix closet doors
• Add art to the room. I really haven't done this yet, but for some reason this space never feels empty to me...it is always cozy and relaxing!
• Make mirror for the room
• Get new lighting fixture
• Get window treatments
• Label mattress for easy rotation
Guest bedroom / Office
• Organize...yes, I am still working on this!
• Find desk
• Find bed or futon
• Find curtains for the windows and the office space
• Install sliding door
• Get a new kitchen table
• Add hardware to cabinets...nope, still not done!
• Get new light fixture...probably won't happen anytime soon!
Bathroom / Laundry
• Tile the floors...after doing the front porch, I think we might use the vinyl planks in here too!
• Tile the shower
• Change the shower curtain...I am starting to get tired of the camo, but Dane is still a fan.
• Decorate. You can read about that here, here, and here. These decorations could change slightly as the room changes.
• Get new lighting fixtures. I don't really know if I want to keep two fixtures or have one centered in the room.
• Install cabinets above the washer/dryer
• Update the mirror
Patio / Yard
• Find a new place for the soda machine with the help of my loving husband!
• Finish the grill...I will blog about that when it is done.
• Paint the stairs
• Extend the patio
• Find an outdoor rug
• Find outdoor furniture
• Work on a flowerbed for the front of the house...when it is warmer
• Install a new exterior light fixture. We picked one up, but we still have to get it put up.